Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Weekend I'd Been Waiting For...

FINALLY came on the 15th of February- I got to visit both Alyoshas, Oksana and Pasha at their foster family in Kameshkovo, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From L to R: Alyosha Usoev, Slava (their foster dad), Pasha, Alyosha, Erin, Nina (their foster mom), Karina (Nina & Slava's granddaughter) and Oksana.

My dear friend Anya drove and translated. She did a fantastic job, per normal!!! SPASIBA ANITCHKA!!!! In the photo below, she is sitting next to me. Isn't she gorgeous?!
It was our Christmas/Valentine's Day celebration. Nina, Alyosha's foster mom, made a delicious meal!!!! I baked and decorated Valentine's Day cookies in the shape of hearts. It was hilarious to see their expressions when they saw the cookies! They loved them =) I guess now, that I think of it, cookies like that don't exist here, hehe. Then of course, the kids got their presents. The flying monkey was a HUGE hit with everyone!!!! Pasha LOVED his electric guitar toy- even Slava enjoyed it =)
With my favorite kids in the ENTIRE world: Pasha, Lyosha, Alyosha, Karina and Oksana.

Karina with her stickers and Alyosha in the back- I can't believe how much he grew!!! He's fantastic! If I could possibly love him more, he'd be my own son!

The BEST thing this month, actually in the six months that I have lived here, was seeing them! Plus, even better is that Nina agreed to bring them to Vladimir regularly to hang out with me! This weekend, we're going to plan for ice skating, skiing or bowling- YAY!!!!

No comments: