Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween Party at the AH

As promised, here are some photos from the Halloween party at our school. I didn't dress up- surprise. Surprisingly, it was a fun party.
This is my friend Elena... she is a pirate. She's a beginning ESL student. We have fun together. I speak to her in my beginner Russian and she speaks to me in English =)
This is Natasha. She is one of my favorite students. She was my only student to attend our party. We had fun together. She's very smart; speaks very good English and wants to be a fashion designer. Her mom is also one of my students =)
This is Sara having fun with two students.
Alexei, Sara and Marisa dressed up and ready for the par-tay!
Afterwards, we celebrated Lorik's birthday by going to see a dance show called Men & Women. It was entertaining. I shared a couple guffaw-laugh-out-loud moments with Alex. I don't think the show itself was meant to be funny but it was the atmosphere. The things that made it funny are numerous.

Some of us shared cocktails during the Halloween party- namely strawberries and champagne. Before you are impressed, I should tell you that they sell it in a can for $1. If you've been keeping up with my blog then you know that we are klassy here, with a k. So of course we brought the canned drinks.

At the theatre, our group got yelled at by the usher for not checking our coats- this is expected in Russia at the theatre, restaurants, etc... The usher didn't notice that I still had my coat. I sat and waited for our group.

As soon as the show started, Alex and I broke out our drinks and chips. I really liked the show but somehow in the middle of the show, I got a visual of she and I sitting there eating chips and our own drinks at the theatre. That would never be excepted at home but out here no one flinched. It was hilarious!
The good times continue in Russia...

No comments: