Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Meet My Russian Husband

Presenting, the finest man in Russian, Vanya. He came to me as a gift carrying the most beautiful pink roses (he's a smart man)!
Isn't he dreamy?? hahahah. He's a gift from one of my fabulous adult class who were so very sweet and surprised me with gifts, yay!!!!

I got showered, literally, with gifts from my first class on Monday afternoon. I walked into class 5 minutes before it began and wondered why I only had 3 students. I wondered where everyone was since they are using very early because we listen to music together, laugh and talk. 15 minutes after I officially started class, a group of my students all walked in together. I was surprised. Before I could even speak, Elya said, "Erin we were late because we were buying you presents." This 3 days after my birthday, how amazing they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These kids are 13-15 and are without a doubt my favorite class ever! They are also the first class that I ever taught. I love them! Just when I thought I could not possibly love Russians more than I do, I meet these kids. They are FABULOUS!

Their names are Elya, Yura, Georgi, Natalia, Anyusha, Kirill, Anton R., Anton S. and Aleksandr. I will post photos of them soon.

They were so proud of themselves and I about fell over at how carefully they planned and selected gifts. They remembered so very much about me!!!! I told them the first day that I loved Crocodil Gena and Cheburaska- they brought me those dolls!!! The dolls are so precious that I will save them for my own children that I bear =) In the meantime, I told the class that they will be our class mascots, hahaha!

They brought me two boxes of "Bonjour" a delicious cookie like a Tagalong- cookie with Bailey's Irish Liquor in the middle and covered in chocolate. These are TO DIE FOR! If you send me $, I will bring you some when I come to America, you WILL NOT be sorry =)

Here's a photo of me and all my spoils:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky you! Happy Birthday late, I know I am so bad, did I wish you a Happy Birthday on FB? But I was thinking of you last saturday when I went to Baltimore & saw an ESPN Zone :) Love you lots!!!!!!

Stufsocker said...

Awwwwww :) That's awesome. And you look terrific.

I'm tempted to take you up on the cookie offer.

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty and happy. I want those cookies, they look like they could change my life, hehe.

Unknown said...

OH! He's so handsome!