Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Camping in Russian- Sorta...

So my church had a weekend retreat for the college and career group. Ever so grateful to still be in this age group (HAHAH!), I attended. Of course, I didn't bother to ask what to bring or where it would be. So being the witty and clever genius that I am, I called it CAMPING! Ha!
To my delight, it was way better than camping!!! If you're reading my blog, then you know me and know that I am so not a camper. I don't mind wearing "wilderness" girl outfits if need be but seriously not for more than a day! And I certainly won't play the part, I will only wear the gear. My brothers and family know that I hate camping more than I don't know what. I have only been twice and not since I was 13. That was when my idiot cousin and brother threw my backpack in the river. My dad made them chase it but all my clothes were soaking wet. It sucked. The memory makes my skin crawl, ew.

Our retreat was more of a huge dorm. It was fun and I am sorry that I left early but I had triple-booked that weekend.

A few pics:

The view from my room, pretty huh?

Sadly, Russian winter is on it's way out. I didn't even get to ski, BOO!

This was our scary and sad shower, thank God I was there only one day and got to shower at home! So you see it was camping-like. But we had a flushing toilet, yay!

In keeping with Russian tradition, we had tea. I drank more tea in two days than I typically do all week. Wow.Our room was comfy. The bed was great! I even took a nap 10 minutes after waking up and dressing!


Good times: with Bekah and her guitar (Stella)

Saying good-bye to Kati, it was her last weekend in Russia.

Country-western line dancing - Russian style!

Decorating sugar cookies, OF COURSE!

No comments: