Friday, August 15, 2008

Adjustments Needed

So I finally realize just why I am getting stung by bees. The realization made me nearly pull my hair out.

I was struggling to get to sleep last night- it was hotter than any night thus far. The windows were wide open. There was no breeze so there was really no point. I heard a bee buzzing around my head and I just lost it. I tore off my blanket in frustration and tore through my things looking for my can of Off.

I sprayed all of me (my face included) with Off and my bed and blanket. Thankfully, I did not get bit. Probably because if I did, God knows I would have failed the psychological exam that I have today at 2pm. Yes, that is one of the requirements for me to get my work permit here.

Even though I didn't get bit, I woke up the proverbial wrong side of the bed. Unfortunately, my bed is against a wall so I have only one side. I prayed a lot this morning and listened to Hillsong Kiev in hopes of adjusting my attitude.

We had a Russian exam today. Not fun but fortunately, I didn't have to take it. I guess our instructor knew there was no way in the world I'd answer a question much less pass. HAHA! Who cares, I've been on the internet for 2 hours now. YAY! It's like I am finally breathing =)

I am going to purchase a fan today at Globus. Globus is like Super Wal-Mart but bigger and better. As I type, I realize that somewhere right now in Texas an even bigger Super Wal-Mart is being built. God Bless Texas!!! I can't wait to come home and shop there =)

I am also hoping Globus sells sheets. I left my sheets in CT even though I purposely got my twin sheets assuming that I'd have a twin bed here in Russia. The AH staff told me not to bring them. I obeyed. A bad move!

I should have brought them. The last two nights have been bad. The first two nights I didn't notice because I was wearing winter pajamas. Now that it's hot, I am sleeping in a tank top and shorts. And now, I notice the small, light scratches on my skin from the wool blankets. It's very, very uncomfortable. I have put all my towels on the bed to remedy the situation. I have only gotten 3 hours of sleep, grr...

Oh well, the situation will be fixed soon. If anything, I will buy sheets while I am in Moscow tomorrow. The AH is taking us all to Moscow. I don't really want to go but I figure I will since it's free. Fortunately, Zhenya is coming with us. She is riding the same train at the same time, woohoo!

We haven't been able to hang out b/c of my long hours here at the AH, 9a-10p. I miss her already! She is a load of fun! I do have my fellow expat teachers but we are in continuous class so we don't get to chat much. And speaking of class, it's starting again- ugh, what a grind!!!

I complain that it's boring but it's better than a real job, HAHAHAHAHH!

No comments: