Sunday, August 31, 2008

Good Works, Good Times

Hey Everyone!

Yall haven't heard from me in awhile because the internet went out at our school =( Yup, I have been without the internet since Wednesday. Not all together a bad thing but I was information starved for sure. For example, I had not even heard about Palin as McCain's VP choice. I had to have my Russian friend tell me, crazy huh? And I didn't hear Putin's interviews with CNN until today- those are intense. Definitely a must hear if you haven't already!

In the meantime, I have been a productive teacher.Ha! I have completed my first mock teaching which I received valuable feedback about in order to use as my first class lesson. I am excited to meet my students. I will have four classes total- Thank God!!! I was worried I'd have six. I will be teaching 3 advanced classes, B2 level. And one B1 level- all of my students speak English, yahoo! My schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 4pm and 7pm. I will hold office hours in between those two classes from 5:30-6:30. I am excited to finally get things rolling- those teacher training workshops and seminars were boring!

Thursday night I helped prepare for the Good Samaritan project at Emmanuel Church- where I have attended the last 3 Sundays. My friend Anya heads the project for providing school supplies (it's called stationery here) for 100 children of single parents.
From L to R: Rebekah (Anya's daughter), Anya and I.

Friday her daughter Rebekkah and I purchased candy and some extra supplies at Globus, my favorite place. I forgot to take photos at Globus, we were there 3 hours! But I do have photos of us having tea at Anya's house.
And we had more packing to do after shopping and tea. It was fun to pack Friday night because the worship team was practicing so we had great music while we worked =)

A small group of the finished product =)

On Saturday, I helped Anya and Galya distribute the bags, it was a priviledge to be a part!!

Above: the final group to receive their bags.
Below: the cutest little kids I befriended while leading their arts & crafts project, bookmarks.

No comments: