Thursday, August 21, 2008

Things That Make You Go Hmm...

So in good natured fun, my fellow expats make fun of me for all the luggage I brought. HA! And I thought I did an oustanding job downsizing from 8 large suitcases to 2 large suitcases, 1 wheeled duffel, 1 carry-on roller, 1 backpack and 1 large tote. Apparently, once we got to Domododevo Airport in Moscow, I learned they had significantly fewer bags.



The evidence:



The other thing they tease me about it is my "celebrity" status in Vladimir. The AH staff told us that all the teachers would be like celebrities around town because it's a small city and all the students will be wanting to "show-off" their American friends. Well my fame started earlier than everyone else's thanks to many previous 5 trips to Vladimir. So everytime we go somewhere as a group- I see someone I know or someone knows me. I LOVE this!!! Not so that I can feel like a celebrity (because seriously, what good is fame without fortune?) but so that this place feels more familiar and more like home.

The last funny thing... when Americans come to Russia and see something that's totally confusing and so they ask their Russian native friends and those friends say, "Ah, who knows? It's Russia!" To me, this is hysterical!!!!!!!!!! It's happened to me several times with my different Russian friends. Gotta love this "riddle wrapped in a mystery inside the enigma".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey hun, you are a celebrity:) no kidding:) how are things? love your blog!